Living Well Philosophy – Nourishing the Roots!
Health is not a mere absence of disease. It is a dynamic expression of life – in terms of how joyful, loving and enthusiastic you are. – Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
The toll of our fast paced lives can be extremely high on our physical and mental health. Stress and anxiety are known to be significant factors in the onset and progression of a wide spectrum of diseases. The goal of the Living Well programs is to enable healthy and happy living naturally. It is designed to address the physical, psychological, nutritional, spiritual and social needs of a person.
Through the 4 E’s – Encourage, Enable, Empower and Enhance- the programs are designed to prevent or manage disease, alleviate stress, improve health and increase wellness.
- Encourage people to participate actively in the management of their disease and take preventive measures in case of family history.
- Enable by providing education and awareness on the symptoms, psychological factors and strategies to delay progression of the condition if existing, as some disease conditions are diagnosed only after the investigations.
- Empower and achieve balance with Yoga, Meditation, Pranayamas, Ayurveda and Diet techniques to prevent or manage the disease condition through a Self-Management Support System
- Enhance physical and emotional well-being through lifestyle modification and a befitting daily routine.
Living Well programs take a holistic view of human health on the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual levels. The programs provide a step-by-step guidance to calm the mind and heal the body.
The programs start with a thorough understanding of your current health condition, your daily schedule and lifestyle. They then build in practices that aid in building immunity and reduction of risk factors to the disease.
The programs especially focus on the inner well-being of the patient, which is generally the source of disease. Many a times it is found that the medical treatment alone is not sufficient to heal the body. Treating the source – the mind and its patterns, changing unhealthy habits and utilizing practical and effective breathing exercises and yoga to prevent or minimize the impact of an existing ailment are an integral part of the program.
The body is a machine, and the consciousness which operates and has helped to develop this body has been ignored by us. We need to pay attention to that as well. This consciousness which is responsible for all creativity, all scientific discovery in the world, all forms of music, art, fashion, film, and everything else, needs your attention. The same consciousness can manifest health and happiness. – Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
- During the program in-depth education and awareness is provided on the disease its signs, symptoms and treatment options, so that they opt for healthy lifestyle and regular treatment if required.
- A powerful breathing technique called Sudarshan Kriya is taught during the program to relax the body and mind, helps coping up with the psychological stressors and challenges in daily life. It eliminates the stress, fatigue and negative emotions such as anger, frustration and depression. Sudarshan Kriya brings balance between sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems and helps with relaxation and concentration. It provides deeper and refreshing sleep, improves mental balance and confidence.
- Simple yet profound yoga asanas and exercises are taught for a healthier body and calm mind. Yoga provides fitness on both physical and psychological level. It helps cope with chronic pain and negative emotions. Increases strength, flexibility, heart, and lung function and reduces the risk of heart disease by improving blood circulation throughout the body.
- Easy to follow Nutritional and Balanced Diet prevents the disease, aid the healing process and maintains the health and high energy levels in the body.
- Physical health and emotional well-being mutually influence each other. The program assists people through Social networks and Spirituality to promote a sense of belonging and have a support system to maintain their health.
- The program also focuses on the long term ill-effects of environmental pollution, irregular food habits, lifestyle and psychological factors such as stress, lack of exercise, tobacco, alcohol or other substance abuse.
- Living Well residential programs incorporate Ayurvedic healing techniques for holistic healing, counseling tips and the other alternative compliance.
The beneficial effects of the program can be experienced in the body as a whole, particularly a person experiences a state of health and medically the nervous system, the endocrine system and the immune system are rejuvenated.
We have conducted 150 Living Well programs benefiting 3000 patients in 20 States and 3 Union Territories of India.
The program needs no special preparation, no change in beliefs and the techniques and processes taught during the program are easy to learn and practice.
Living Well Program Categories
Broadly, there are 3 categories of programs:
- Living Well @RP: Residential Holistic Healing Programs
- Living Well @NP: Non-Residential Holistic Healing Programs
- Living Well @DP: Holistic De-Addiction Programs
- Diabetes Management
- Hypertension Management
- Depression Management
- Anxiety Management
- Asthma Management
- Stop Smoking Start Living
- De-Vine for Alcohol De-addiction
Modules for other diseases will be launched in a progressive manner.
Dr. Rakesh Makkar, Baroda
Living Well programs take a holistic view of human health on physical, mental and emotional levels. The programs provide a step-by-step guidance and techniques to calm the mind and heal the body. They are highly recommended for the people with chronic diseases to achieve a balanced lifestyle and also preventive for the people at the risk of getting the chronic diseases.
Anshu Kalra, 37 years, Bangalore
I was diagnosed with end stage of kidney failure that resulted in a transplant and completely restricted my physical activity. After the Living Well program, I was able to carry out many more physical tasks and became more active. I learnt about life style management and dietary plans. This program is a wonderful preventive tool for people with chronic diseases.
The Art of Living Intuition Process is a 2-day program introduced for kids and teenagers between 8-18 years of age.
We all are born with a natural intuitive ability to perceive beyond our senses. This is especially visible in children whose minds are still fresh, less obsessive and more in tune with nature.
The Art of Living Intuition Process helps them to tap into the intuitive abilities of the mind, which is demonstrated by them seeing colors, reading text and identifying pictures with eyes closed.
Deep and enigmatic faculties are present in a latent form in every child. To make these faculties blossom and get more established, the mind needs proper nurturing and nourishment which is done in the Intuition Process.
Benefits of the Intuition Process
- Improves intuition
- Enhances sensory abilities
- Improves awareness and foresight
- Increases confidence
- Removes fear of the unknown
- Increases creativity and intelligence
- Age group: 8-18 years
- Duration: 2 days
- Time per day: 2.5 hours
Why & How You Can Change the Concept of Exam Fear
Since parents too go through exam-time anxieties, they too need to de-stress. Yoga and breathing exercises, and going for walks with your child will help. Believe that your child is unique, and be unconditionally supportive. It’s important to have faith in both your child and in your own parenting skills.
Sensitize the child to the importance of knowledge and learning in life. And most certainly, exam time can bring out the best of one’s abilities not just in the child but also in the parents.
Some practical advice:
- Chalk out a plan of action and a timetable: Let the timetable include a routine that will cover the exam syllabus comfortably giving enough time for revision and all other activities. This will bring clarity, focus and a sense of direction that will increase the self-confidence in children and bring out the best in them. It works best when timetables are prepared with full participation and involvement from the child. It’s important to keep the timetable realistic and based entirely on the child’s abilities.
- A supportive family environment: Since the pressure from school, peer group, and the society at large, is unavoidable, the understanding and support from the family becomes even more crucial for the child. Parental expectations tend to put enormous pressure on children on top of the pressures that comes from society. A supportive family ambience is created when parents do not measure the success of their children by their academic achievements.
- Exercise: Alternate periods of studying with extra-curricular activities like running, jogging, a favorite sport, a gym workout. Practice Pranayama (simple breathing exercises), yoga, especially the Sun Salutation, and meditation.
- Fun time: Travel over the weekend, spend time with friends or pets, indulge in creative activities like drawing, painting or some preferred performing arts, which will activate the right brain, relax, and balance the mind.
- Healthy Diet: Reinforce these with a balanced diet, healthy juices and vegetarian food. It is important for parents to explain to children the benefits of a healthy lifestyle, which includes the importance of drinking sufficient water, keeping away from junk food, sweets and chocolates, and the effect that different foods have on the body and mind. Study is best when the stomach is light, and there is complete wakefulness and alertness.
- To improve exam-readiness, teach children important learning skills like reading the text, writing down important points, giving written answers to questions, and then re-reading the text. This will strengthen their knowledge and help them be flexible when face with exam questions. It’s a good idea to get them used to voice-notes.
Is your child stressed?
Some telltale signs:
- Inability to grasp even when reading the same thing a couple of times
- Hungrier or sleepier than usual
- Not hungry or sleepy as usual
- Irritation without cause
- Absent-minded, misplacing things
- Employ a parenting style that combines warmth, realistic demands, and democracy.
- Avoid needless comparisons and allow the child to have the space to know himself and develop his own identity.
- Parents will have to control the urge to nag and just simply set an example by following the rules they set for their children
Did you know?
Research establishes a correlation between hormones and stress response. Results have revealed that the production of cortisol is the primary hormone responsible for the stress response. Elevated cortisol levels lead to memory loss, increased alertness feelings of anxiety. Essential learning skills like reasoning and analytical abilities are impaired, as does the ability for self-control.
Written by Shreya Chugh, a youth empowerment facilitator from The Art of Living.
Via Official Site
Published By:AOL Team Buxar
In this process many volunteers present there and aware voters as well as paste pamphlets and hang banners at many places.
Deepak Pandey, Varsha Pandey, Jitendra Pandey, Dr. R. K. Sinha, Himanshu, Niraj Mansinghka, Vineet Sarraf, Sharad Sarraf and many volunteers aware voters for election and talk about its value in their life.
Published By:AOL Team Buxar
How We Work
The Art of Living transforms societies by instilling a vision, making role models, promoting a sense of community and giving people a voice.
The Art of Living—Projects Management Unit (PMU) is a special technical wing within The Art of Living that implements holistic solutions for social, economic and environmental issues. Our goal is to enable transformation by acting as intermediary between various resource providers and communities.These connections combined with our empowerment, accountability and sustainability models, enable a lasting impact towards our shared goals.
Our Youth Leadership Training Program (YLTP) transform ‘vulnerable’ young men and women into leaders in their communities. They become proactive ‘advocates’ for change and ‘owners’ of their challenges. We work with these empowered leaders toward complete development of their communities.
We provide project accounts and activity reports at periodic intervals throughout the project. At our closing stage, we provide a final financial accountability report that identifies where and how the funds were used. During this stage, we also provide a post impact analysis report, which evaluates the impact of our guidance in the established project area to determine its effectiveness. This allows us to identify improvements needed to strengthen future projects.
Our empowered community leaders continue to be torchbearers for their community long after project timelines are over making our impact sustainable.
The Art of Living Program for Excellence at Workplace offers Micro, Small, Medium Enterprises a structured intervention to eliminate stress, enhance inspirational levels and arrive at an overall work life balance of its employees.
The program attends to the individual and his personal growth. It has in built processes that increases team bonding resulting in better teamwork; it also has reconnect programs that will keep the group energy intact. An empowered and inspired individual will help build a successful company.
The practice of the techniques of the Art of Living Program for Excellence at Workplace effectively regulates the mind and eliminates stress and impurities from the system
Feedback From Corporate India
“I have learnt the key to success” – Puneet Gupta, Punj Lloyd.
This program was amazing as all participants felt it was powerful, detoxifying, stress-relieving & energizing.
- Sanjay Kumar, Service Planning Manager, Konica Minolta Business Solutions India Pvt. Ltd.
“The program was a good mix of interactive sessions relevant to our goals” – Dr. Janakiraman Ramchandran, Chairman, Ganga Gen Biotechnologies Pvt. Ltd.
I Excel. I Lead – I bring Excellence at Workplace
Art of Living Program For Excellence at Workplace
Target Audience: Management & Staff
Sri Sri Meditation for Excellence at Workplace
Target Audience: Workers
Health for Excellence at Workplace
Target Audience: All
The Art of Living Program for Excellence at Workplace,
Vyakti Vikas Kendra, India, 21st Km, Kanakapura Road,
Udayapura, Bangalore: 560 082.
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org | Mob: +91 9008223669
Published By:-AOL Team Buxar