Living Well Philosophy – Nourishing the Roots!
Health is not a mere absence of disease. It is a dynamic expression of life – in terms of how joyful, loving and enthusiastic you are. – Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
The toll of our fast paced lives can be extremely high on our physical and mental health. Stress and anxiety are known to be significant factors in the onset and progression of a wide spectrum of diseases. The goal of the Living Well programs is to enable healthy and happy living naturally. It is designed to address the physical, psychological, nutritional, spiritual and social needs of a person.
Through the 4 E’s – Encourage, Enable, Empower and Enhance- the programs are designed to prevent or manage disease, alleviate stress, improve health and increase wellness.
- Encourage people to participate actively in the management of their disease and take preventive measures in case of family history.
- Enable by providing education and awareness on the symptoms, psychological factors and strategies to delay progression of the condition if existing, as some disease conditions are diagnosed only after the investigations.
- Empower and achieve balance with Yoga, Meditation, Pranayamas, Ayurveda and Diet techniques to prevent or manage the disease condition through a Self-Management Support System
- Enhance physical and emotional well-being through lifestyle modification and a befitting daily routine.
Living Well programs take a holistic view of human health on the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual levels. The programs provide a step-by-step guidance to calm the mind and heal the body.
The programs start with a thorough understanding of your current health condition, your daily schedule and lifestyle. They then build in practices that aid in building immunity and reduction of risk factors to the disease.
The programs especially focus on the inner well-being of the patient, which is generally the source of disease. Many a times it is found that the medical treatment alone is not sufficient to heal the body. Treating the source – the mind and its patterns, changing unhealthy habits and utilizing practical and effective breathing exercises and yoga to prevent or minimize the impact of an existing ailment are an integral part of the program.
The body is a machine, and the consciousness which operates and has helped to develop this body has been ignored by us. We need to pay attention to that as well. This consciousness which is responsible for all creativity, all scientific discovery in the world, all forms of music, art, fashion, film, and everything else, needs your attention. The same consciousness can manifest health and happiness. – Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
- During the program in-depth education and awareness is provided on the disease its signs, symptoms and treatment options, so that they opt for healthy lifestyle and regular treatment if required.
- A powerful breathing technique called Sudarshan Kriya is taught during the program to relax the body and mind, helps coping up with the psychological stressors and challenges in daily life. It eliminates the stress, fatigue and negative emotions such as anger, frustration and depression. Sudarshan Kriya brings balance between sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems and helps with relaxation and concentration. It provides deeper and refreshing sleep, improves mental balance and confidence.
- Simple yet profound yoga asanas and exercises are taught for a healthier body and calm mind. Yoga provides fitness on both physical and psychological level. It helps cope with chronic pain and negative emotions. Increases strength, flexibility, heart, and lung function and reduces the risk of heart disease by improving blood circulation throughout the body.
- Easy to follow Nutritional and Balanced Diet prevents the disease, aid the healing process and maintains the health and high energy levels in the body.
- Physical health and emotional well-being mutually influence each other. The program assists people through Social networks and Spirituality to promote a sense of belonging and have a support system to maintain their health.
- The program also focuses on the long term ill-effects of environmental pollution, irregular food habits, lifestyle and psychological factors such as stress, lack of exercise, tobacco, alcohol or other substance abuse.
- Living Well residential programs incorporate Ayurvedic healing techniques for holistic healing, counseling tips and the other alternative compliance.
The beneficial effects of the program can be experienced in the body as a whole, particularly a person experiences a state of health and medically the nervous system, the endocrine system and the immune system are rejuvenated.
We have conducted 150 Living Well programs benefiting 3000 patients in 20 States and 3 Union Territories of India.
The program needs no special preparation, no change in beliefs and the techniques and processes taught during the program are easy to learn and practice.
Living Well Program Categories
Broadly, there are 3 categories of programs:
- Living Well @RP: Residential Holistic Healing Programs
- Living Well @NP: Non-Residential Holistic Healing Programs
- Living Well @DP: Holistic De-Addiction Programs
- Diabetes Management
- Hypertension Management
- Depression Management
- Anxiety Management
- Asthma Management
- Stop Smoking Start Living
- De-Vine for Alcohol De-addiction
Modules for other diseases will be launched in a progressive manner.
Dr. Rakesh Makkar, Baroda
Living Well programs take a holistic view of human health on physical, mental and emotional levels. The programs provide a step-by-step guidance and techniques to calm the mind and heal the body. They are highly recommended for the people with chronic diseases to achieve a balanced lifestyle and also preventive for the people at the risk of getting the chronic diseases.
Anshu Kalra, 37 years, Bangalore
I was diagnosed with end stage of kidney failure that resulted in a transplant and completely restricted my physical activity. After the Living Well program, I was able to carry out many more physical tasks and became more active. I learnt about life style management and dietary plans. This program is a wonderful preventive tool for people with chronic diseases.